Who we are
The Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence is a statewide alliance of domestic violence programs, support agencies and concerned individuals. We provide technical assistance, resources, information and training to those who serve victims of domestic violence; and promote social and systems change through public policy, public awareness and education.
What we do
There are five areas in which we focus:
- Prevention. Helping people form healthy relationships is key to preventing domestic abuse. ICADV works throughout the state to help key service providers develop programs with comprehensive and coordinated approaches to domestic violence prevention.
- Legislative advocacy. Working to advocate for systemic and societal change, influence public policy and the allocation of resources is key to the mission of ICADV.
- Public awareness. With e-newsletters, the website, social media and events, ICADV works to communicate news and educational information to the public.
- Advocate training. Dedicated people throughout Indiana work with victims every day. ICADV helps them do that by providing technical assistance and training.
- Legal assistance. Sometimes victims and member providers need legal assistance. From writing legal briefs to helping victims get protective orders, the ICADV legal team provides individual and organizational assistance.