A little rain on the streets didn’t stop hundreds for turning out on Saturday for the 13th annual Race Away from Domestic Violence. As runners, walkers and wheelchair rollers lined up for the start of the race, the rain stopped, the sky cleared and everyone had a great time. ICADV is grateful for everyone who participated and together raised more than $30,000 for programs and services for survivors of domestic violence. Click here to see the race results and photos of the event. We look forward to seeing everyone again in 2017!
ICADV is seeking an Evaluation Specialist who will work closely with the Coalition’s prevention team, community partners, and leadership team to develop and implement evaluation efforts under the DELTA FOCUS primary prevention project funded by the CDC. This will be a 20-30 hour per week contractual position through the end of this grant year with the possibility of becoming a full-time position in March of 2017.
A qualified individual must have experience with empowerment-based evaluation, participatory action research, including providing training, technical assistance and capacity building activities, conducting program evaluations–preferably addressing, public policy or public health issues, proficiency with qualitative and quantitative evaluation techniques, analyzing statistical data, and using statistical database software. The position requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in related field. Position is located in Indianapolis, IN. Salary commensurate with experience. Email resume and cover letter to Laura Berry by June 17th.
- Power point: Preparing for Primary Prevention
- Power point: Primary Prevention 201: Using Risk and Protective Factors to Determine Strategy
- This brochure provides an overview to primary prevention theory and strategy. It is a tool primarily intended for use in educating agencies and service providers.
- Primary prevention talking points. Advocates have over 40 years of practice describing the scope and impact of domestic abuse, but we’re a lot less practiced in describing prevention and the types of healthy relationships that we are working towards. This list of talking points provides a concrete overview to prevention theory and can be used as a jumping off point for composing your personalized “prevention elevator speech.”
- Prevention Toybox The games employ multiple learning methods (including discussion, visual and kinesthetic activities) to engage audiences in exploring and practicing key prevention concepts. Though each game can be used independently from the others, we believe that they work well together in the progression provided to support your team as you conceptualize, plan, implement and evaluate prevention strategies at the higher levels of the social ecological model.