- Power point: Preparing for Primary Prevention
- Power point: Primary Prevention 201: Using Risk and Protective Factors to Determine Strategy
- This brochure provides an overview to primary prevention theory and strategy. It is a tool primarily intended for use in educating agencies and service providers.
- Primary prevention talking points. Advocates have over 40 years of practice describing the scope and impact of domestic abuse, but we’re a lot less practiced in describing prevention and the types of healthy relationships that we are working towards. This list of talking points provides a concrete overview to prevention theory and can be used as a jumping off point for composing your personalized “prevention elevator speech.”
- Prevention Toybox The games employ multiple learning methods (including discussion, visual and kinesthetic activities) to engage audiences in exploring and practicing key prevention concepts. Though each game can be used independently from the others, we believe that they work well together in the progression provided to support your team as you conceptualize, plan, implement and evaluate prevention strategies at the higher levels of the social ecological model.
Welcome to ICADV’s Primary Prevention Blog!
We look forward to your participation.