ICADV seeks a staff attorney to be responsible to review, screen, investigate and represent immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking referred by ICADV member programs. They will continue to foster relationships with organizations that will work together to develop the Legal Resource Project (LRP) to serve these immigrant survivors. The attorney will also provide technical assistance to ICADV member programs, individuals and stakeholders and respond to legal crisis calls that come into the ICADV office.
• Provide legal advice and technical assistance to programs, individuals and stakeholders as needed.
• Manage caseload of clients, providing legal representation for low-income immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
• Maintain and develop outreach program to educate member programs on the LRP.
• Maintain existing partnerships developed with community groups that serve English as second language (ESL) populations.
• Seek new partnerships with community groups that serve immigrant populations.
• Proactively seek to market the LRP with brochures, social media, radio, TV, and newspapers.
• Assist in both grant compliance and reporting for the LRP.
• Work in partnership with other coalition staff, member programs, and other to meet the mission of the ICADV.
• Participate in other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred with Spanish fluency in all oral and written communication
• Ability to comfortably speak in public
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to adapt to last-minute changes
• Able to use person vehicle for work related travel within Indiana.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• Admitted to practice law in the state of Indiana.
• Experience in an immigrant law setting will be highly-weighted.
• Access to transportation and ability to travel statewide and nationally.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evening and weekend hours.
Please email resume and letter of interest to ICADV Legal Counsel Kerry Hyatt Bennett . Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.