ICADV has also compiled several resources to help you plan National Stalking Awareness Month events and activities to raise awareness about stalking this January and throughout the year:
DATA, FACTS & STATISTICS:
- Click here for Stalking Fact Sheet: Stalking Fact Sheet
- Click here for Statistics Report: “Stalking Victimization in the United States”
- NSAM Theme Posters: Print and post the NSAM 2011 Theme Poster hi-res PDF or use this 14″ x 5″ version on legal-size paper. For more NSAM posters, visit www.stalkingawarenessmonth.org. There you will also find various NSAM logos and other collaterals to use (Buttons, Magnets, Logos).
- Sample Social Media Updates: Suggested messages for your social networking sites, your Instant Messages (IM’s), or as a Tweet (Social Networking Status Updates).
RESOURCES FOR STALKING VICTIMS:
- Stalking: A Handbook for Victims:This handbook provides stalking victims with the resources, choice options, safety tips, and stalker information designed to assist victims in regaining control over their lives. Also discussed are the building of criminal and civil cases against the stalker, the use of restraining orders, and victims’ rights (Stalking: A Handbook for Victims).
- Safety Plan Guidelines: A safety plan is a combination of suggestions, plans, and responses created to help victims reduce their risk of harm. It is a tool designed in response to the victim’s specific situation that evaluates what the victim is currently experiencing, incorporates the pattern of previous behavior, and examines options that will positively impact the victim’s safety (Safety Plan Guidelines).