To help prevent and end domestic violence in Indiana, you can:
- Make a donation
- Join a committee
- Give an item(s) on a local programs wish list.
Click here to see a list of Indiana domestic violence shelters.
- Talk to a friend/children about domestic violence/dating violence
- Donate a used cell phone
- Encourage men to speak out against domestic violence because it affects them too.
- Educate yourself, your friends, and your family about the warning signs of domestic violence. Take time to educate yourself about the warning signs of domestic violence.
- Educate others and encourage them to talk to someone they suspect is in a violent relationship. Don’t accept the old adage of “mind your own business,” because in cases of domestic violence, it is your business. Domestic violence is a crime, not a private family matter.
- Register to vote, support candidates who are strong on domestic violence issues. Find out how candidates stand on the issue of domestic violence. Let them know you care about this issue and that you plan to support the candidate who is strong on domestic violence issues.